:: Previous Page ::
Photo Friday - 8OCT04 - FootBridge (Goldbar Park)
The 'extra' Photo Friday challenge lead me to a footbridge, near a park called 'Gold Bar'... The photos were taken September 26, 2004 at around 6:30am when the sun was just starting to come up... [This photo essay is dedicated to those that cannot see. Refer to the last image.]
"Hi mom!" Hearts of gold: A very friendly group of early morning runners. The last photo in the series shows why they were out running.
The bridge's boardwalk wet with rain and shining golden.
A golden sunrise.
New gold: An oil refinery.
Do not remove sign.
Old gold: Panning for gold. (It is a hobby for some. I understand the river is not all that productive.)
A bike underwater in the river.
We want it to last like gold.
Geese preparing to migrate south.
Grass with morning dew.
A close up of a nut and bolt on the bridge.
Just dew on a bright orange post blocking vehicles from coming on to the footbridge.
Someone scratched the bridge up with a knife. Maybe they were scratching their initials off the wood.
Old paint on a panel on the boardwalk.
Golden autumn leaves.
I would like to end with the reason the runners were out running so early in the morning: They were raising funds for the blind...
- Jon Lambert - Nice series Dale. It's nice to see people doing good things for a good cause. How did your gallery go? I'd like to have a galley within a years time. Wish me luck. Take care...
- (no link) - The old adage goes something like "The devil is in the details."
I think that God is in the details, and you are blessed with the ability to see beauty where others could not.
- Ming Lee - The textures were really beautiful. Great series!
- btezra - ~Dale, those shots of the bridge/boardwalk are xlnt!!!~
- daisies - Dale, this series was incredibly inspirational in more ways than one and I am forever grateful that I have the ability to see and witness the light that streams from your photographs. They are even better in print than here on the screen and I really enjoyed your muttart show :) Thank you for sharing yet another series of moving and beautiful imagery!
- Danielle aka ctegan - Beautiful photos! :)
- Junnie - wow great series! i want to be 2 x 4 from you! great place...
- IanSMcN - Dale ... excellent photo essay. Hangs together really well and the boardwalk and texture photos are superb.
- your_waitress - wowsa. great job dale. i love the bridge shots. ;-)
- Icyshard - Wow, this series of shots is amazing! They are all so good! The shots of the bridge are excellent, and the closeup detail shots are really interesting. Great, great job!
- Cody Williams - I like the dew shots a lot. Nice.
- Gregz - I really like Gold05.jpg.. The light reflexting off the wet boards...
- Lorien - Beautiful series! But which one YOU like best? :-)
- spunwithtears - My favorite is the nut&bolt photo. What you see is the frost melting off them. It was early in the morning and very cold. I took the macro shot lying prone on the cement walkway. I didnt have gloves and my hands were so cold I could hardly feel the camera. Less than an hour later the sun had warmed things up and it was a beautiful day.
- (no link) - creative pictures. i like the grass picture and the wet bridge shining gold. and then the natural human grafiti on the bridge boardwalk.
- (no link) - I would like to rcieve your newes letters
- (no link) - i feel sory 4 all u blind peepz out there PEACE!
- (no link) - aww its so sweet how people carve into wood who they love and the thing looks so nice .. much luv xxxx
- Annie - I think the first picture and the panning for gold picture are the best out of the set. You're a great photographer!
Enter a comment..